Can you tag asks (for trigger warnings etc)?
to anon (im a girl) bdsm is not feminist because it fetishizes violence against women. this is something that is already extremely prevalent in society that is NOT "pleasurable". 2 main reason (aside from the obvious of creating many victims) bdsm is shit is #1 it mocks abuse/rape survivors by playing out the horrible things that have happened to them as a "game" for sexual pleasure. #2 it supports/normalizes the behaviour of abusers and in many cases gives them justification to continue abuse.@Anonymous
They’re making a Hot Tub Time Machine 2 which makes me very excited because I fucking love the first one (so much Motley Crue + a soundtrack with Enrique Iglesias and New Order + time travel humour + John Cusack + SO GOOD)
this one doesn’t have John Cusack…but it does have Kumail Nanjiani
the main problem with the sequel is that it’s not in the 1980s (best decade for a movie, god damn)
Hi, confused w that thing you reblogged about with fifty shades. Do you not like the books or are you just against it becoming mainstream? And would you say that BDSM is not feminist?? Also, how is the consent is sexy thing bad?? Sorry I just agree with some of that post but some of it is confusing?@Anonymous
I love an ask that starts with a hello
but I remember reading a lot of shit about why that book was problematic when the book came out 3 years ago but I don’t remember it now, I’d say it’s best to google it!
Well, I’m a guy and I’m pretty sure if I started saying what is and what isn’t feminist that wouldn’t be very feminist….damn that’s exactly what that sentence just did
but I don’t know personally, I mean, I’m not even sure I know what the D in BDSM stands for? Delightful? Dangerous? …dick?
But in all seriousness
- "consent is sexy" is bad because it’s sexualising consent when consent isn’t some great sexy thing that makes sex better: it’s a basic human right. Also when you start trying to make aspects of feminism "sexy" you can step into the completely counter-productive territory of "let’s make feminism seem appealing to men". But again, consent is required, it isn’t sexy.
- It appears to romanticise a controlling relationship which isn’t good?
- I don’t know
- I have not read the book it looks AWWWWWFUL so this could be a longer post
- but I mean, I don’t think the internet needs another man talking about a women’s movement OR another person talking shit about a book they’ve never read so…ask someone else!
- but “against it becoming mainstream” - didn’t the book sell faster than any other book ever?
Honestly can’t wait for the 50 shades movie to normalize the manipulation of lower-level female employees. Can’t wait for the new wave of “consent is sexy” banners on the cover of cosmo. Can’t wait for teen girls to think that a controlling relationship is romantic. Can’t wait for sexualized violence to become increasingly mainstream. And most of all, I can’t wait for BDSM to be labeled a feminist revolution.
Every time I put my ripped jeans on first time without sticking my feet through the holes multiple times and tripping over into a puddle of my own tears I feel like I should call up the news stations and tell them God just gave me a sign that everything’s gonna be a-okay today so they should take a day off
Wearing trainers for the first time in over a year. These Vans make me feel like I’m cosplaying me in 2011.
The Wonder Years are everything